Saturday, February 8, 2014

2-8-2014 DB's Dailies: Aukai,Kainoa,U/U&2 U/M@RI, Kermit@WSK, RIP,M&M@WP, Haupu@KoOlina

I was out, Gayle was out and neither of us were having much luck. When I got back to Makai Pier for my 2ndlook at Rabbit Island I found 4 critters on the beach. Unfortunately I also found that my driver’s side window would not go up, and on a rainy day, that is definitely a problem. I hung in there as long as I could , but had to go when the rains came. At 1047 I found an U/U, with a new coat, barely visible in the Morning Glory fronting IBS. That has been Kolohe of late, but I could never prove an ID. At the right margin of the Morning Glory at 1BS I found Kainoa (RN04). ID was by his N0 bleach. There were two animals , together at Rocky Right Beach. The small one was Aukai (RL12). ID was by her N12 bleach. The other was an adult male with a new coat and 2 red tags. I had to leave when the rains came.
 
I went back to Makai Pier with Marilyn’s car at 1527. The cast was the same except for the 2 guys and their kayaks on the beach, right of 3BS. Just seconds later I saw a new U/M haul out to join Aukai& the first U/M. The guys went over to check out the seals before there SCUBA dive, and did so once again when they got out of the water. It was after DOCARE hours so there was no hope of justice. There was lots of interaction between Aukai and the two male critters, but I was never able to get an ID on the new arrival.
Team Billand reported Kermit (R012) at Wind Sock at 1249.
 
The Billands advised that they had gotten calls about 2 animals at White Plains, and 1 at Lagoon #1, KoOlina. At 1326 they confirmed the WP animals as M&M (R020) & RIP (RR70) together at Tower #1 WP. Dana called at 1512 with tag info on the KoOlina animal. It would prove to be Haupu (RB24). Thank you Dillons.
 

Marilyn the trek to the end of the world, trudging through the red mud, comin’ & goin’. She was repaid for this above and beyond journey by being SKUNKED at Ka’ena Point..

 aukai, 2 u/m and 2 idiots... guess who the idiots are?
 unidentified uknown seal 
 Haupu at KoOlina 
 Kermit hooked up with his critter cam
 so look out dude... Kermit's hooked up with the NSA
Rip and MM at White Plains 

No comments: