Sunday, February 2, 2014

2-1-2014 DB's Dailies:Aukai,Buster&UU@RI, Kolohe@SC, Makaiwi,Haupu,M&M@WP, Benny@PC, Kermit@NIM, U/F@Makaha, R5AY&Meli@TB

At 0746 I found what would prove to be Aukai (RL12) at Seal Rock Inlet. I would not make the ID until I got home to check a pit scar against my database at 1612, but it proved to be her. I think she was probably the animal at SRI yesterday, but run off before I could make the ID. Unfortunately she would experience the same fate today, being run off my two males on a orange kayak who landed at 1243. I called DOCARE , of course, but there was nobody available for a response.
 
Also at 0746 I found what would prove to be Buster (RV08) tucked into a small cave at Rocky Right Beach. It would take until 1356 to finally make the ID . I would guesstimate his molt at 80%.
 
At 0928 an U/U, hauled out to 1BS and immediately moved up and into the Morning Glory where it remained the rest of the day. I was never able to see enough to make an ID.
 
At 1037 Gayle called with the report of Kolohe (RW22) doing 8 minute dives at Spitting Cave. Her shots definitely confirm the Kolohe ID. He was still there on my 1441 check.
 
At 0700 Team Billand reported Makaiwi (R4DF) between T#1 & the Snack Shack.
 
At 0800 the Billands reported Haupu attempting to haul out to T#1, but being run off by a loose dog. She hung around off shore until hauling out to T#1 along side the Access Surf carpet to the water.

At 1115 Diane T called with the report of Benny (RE74) at Paradise Cove. Thanks to daughter Jenny for the ID shots.
Ast 1420 Team Billand reported the arrival of Kermit (R012) to the 1813 pavilion, Nimitz Cottages.
 
At 1450 the Billands reported M&M (R020) arriving at T#1 at WP, to join Haupu.
 

Dana called at 1725 with a report of an U/U at the Makaha Surfside Condos. Awaiting further word.
 
 Kolohe at Spitting Cave 
 Meli... getting bigger !!
 baby Meli and Honey Girl 5AY
Benny likes hanging with the canoes
 Kermit at Nimitz
Haupu and MM at white plains
 Haupu
 it always amazes me how big they look when they are in the water and someone is passing by... for sure looks like another persons head... oops no it's a seal
 Maka'iwi hangin out at Whie Plains

1 comment:

madhatter said...


Is Maka'iwi alright it looks like there is something around her mouth on the bottom?

IRMA Where are you?