Tuesday, January 15, 2013

1-15-2013 DB's Dailies: Buster@RI, Makaiwi&Kermit@WP


When I got back to Makai Pier at 0930, on my second check of the SE quadrant, I was still batting zero. After many a pan up and down the beach, at 1112 I suddenly noticed a trail at the Left Greenery naupaka. As I looked at the water front rocks I saw Buster (RV08). Lo and Behold he had been totally invisible , hiding in the naupaka all along and I simply hadn't seen him. He would enter the water at 1120, and despite a day of waiting, I did not see him again today. He was the only SE quadrant find today.

Team Billand called at 0744 with the report of Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1708 at White Plains.
At 0930 they reported Kermit (R012) fronting the Snack Bar at WP.

Sean forwarded a shot by the legendary diver/photograph Gabe Scotti of Kekoa (RK72) taken this morning near Kewalo Basin.

Team Billand called at 1914 advising that they had responded to an injured seal call, and no injured animal, but a molting 2AW at Keau Beach Park.

 Kekoa swimming by Kewalo Basin... Great shot of this young dude! Will never get tired of seeing shots of the seals swimming under water.
 Maka'iwi @ White plains
 Maka'iwi topless... girl cover up....!!!
 have you no shame?  nope :-)
 Kermit with his new suit
 Late in the day shot of 2AW. 

1 comment:

Kaimana Divers said...

Mahalo for posting the pic...... Got a topside shot of L12/13 today and sent it to Sean.

Gabe @ Kaimana Divers