Saturday, January 12, 2013

1-11-2013 DB's Dailies:


On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island, at 0834 I found what would turn out to be Kaiwi (RK96) out on the left end rock flats, where she was yesterday. It would take until 1300 to finally confirm the Kaiwi ID, by her RHF natural bleach. To my complete shock I even managed to get an accidental shot of it.

Also at 0834 I found Buster (RV08) fronting the Left Greenery, Naupaka bush which was yesterday's location also. Judging by his trail, he was hiding behind the Naupaka on my first look.

At 0933 the day took an interesting turn. Kekoa (RK72) and RIP (RR70) hauled out together to join Buster. There was minimal interaction. RIP would enter the water at 1146. Kekoa hurriedly followed, and after thinkin' about it for a while Buster followed. The would do a swim/play session moving to the left. Buster was around but did not participate in play. Kekoa and RIP would haul out to the far left end of the beach at 1205. Buster would join them at 1224.

The entire RI cast was still there at the end of the day.

At 0647 Team Billand found Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1708, and Kermit (R012) fronting #1707 at White Plains. A late arriving Irma (R010) showed up at the fence line at 1621. Kermit departed at 1737.

At 1230 the Billands reported 2AW at Maili Pt.

At 1318 they reported Pohaku (RO28) at Electric Beach.

Dana called at 0957 with word from Jeannie Martinson of an animal at Rocky Point, with what she thought was an "136" tag. There is no such animal, or number. Tracy and I agreed that it was most probably a misread RI37, right tag (I38), bt ???? Awaiting further word.
Late afternoon email from Dennis Kunkel brought word of his sighting of our female, Temp 412 (N32). He found her on his morning trek at Kahuku Golf Course. Unfortunately, it was still dark out, so no photos.

Once again I have an airport run in my future. Please check da' blog in the morning for the Billand's day. 

 Buster RIP & Kekoa

No comments: