Tuesday, October 22, 2019

October 22, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

On my way back this afternoon I went down to check in with a filming crew, I then took the opportunity to check the beaches.
I found RR70 RIP (IDed by his scars, chipped tag and R76 tag) in the same spot I saw him yesterday with several wallows around him. He has finally started his molt,  he was on his bellie so I couldn't see a %. His neck had several pieces of fur loose moving in the wind

From there I saw 2 seals down at CE Pt. RW02 PVKauai (IDed by his scars and tags W04/76/77 ) joined R303 BG (IDed by her scars)on D3 of her molt 35-40%.

On my way to town and coming back I saw 2 of the 4 Snow Geeses. USDA Wildlife told me one was picked up yesterday with an injury and taken in.  More tomorrow๐ŸŒบ


No comments: