Monday, October 21, 2019

October 21, 2019 Monk Seal Dailies: Lesley's Ka'ena Update


Yesterday in the early morning from the driveway I saw 2 seals @ Camp Erdman. When I went down to ID them I had a quick glace at RW02 PVKauai's bellie before he entered the water. R303 BG (by scars) was the second seal IDed by her scars. Both had overnighted up the beach.
In the afternoon I saw 2 seals again, back down to check IDs. RR70 RIP (by his scars and R76 tag) had joined "BG"
R303 BG started her molt and was at 10% at the end of D1
On our way to town we got the see the Snow Geese again

This morning I found RR70 RIP (by his scars and R76 tag) @ BB Tables. He still hasn't started his molt. 
While I was there Carrie and a friend came by and told me they had seen a non tagged, molting female seal at 10Mnts Beach. From where we were standing I saw 2 seals Lyman's so we headed down there to ID them. It was RN58 Luana (by N58 & 59 tags) and RW02 PVKauai (by W04/76/77 tags). He also still hasn't started his molt.
I decided to go check the seal at 10Mnts and IDed R303 BG (by scars) on D2 of her molt at aprox. 20%
I got word this afternoon that the Snow Geese were still on the grass field at the entrance of the park (D3)    More tomorrow πŸŒΊ




No comments: