Sunday, February 14, 2016

2/14/2016 DB's Dailies: Right Spot@Sandy Beach, Kea, Green Girl&UF@Rabbit Island, Pohaku@CIP, Kekoa,RIP,Kimo Kai&Kolohe@Maili Point, U/F@Hauula, U/U@Chun's, Holokai@Turtle Bay, Y/N, Nani@MCBH,

At 0615 I found Right Spot (R016) at the east end of Sandy Beach. I cordoned her off. Gina Walker call at 1253 to advise that Right Spot was gone. I don’t blame her. Sandy Beach was a bigger Zoo than I have ever seen. Thank you Gina for picking up the equipment!

 Though I got to Makai Pier at 0800, it would be 1136 before I saw my first animal. On one of many , many pans of the beach I finally saw a likely looking hump out on the left end rock flats at Rabbit Island. At 1140 that wonderful natural bleach on the RFF came into view. It was Kea (RN46).

 At 1216 what I’ve taken to calling the litte “Green Girl” hauled out 60 ft right of 3BS on RI. I still want to believe that it is Cass, but ????

 At 1220 another animal hauled out to join her. This too would end the day as an U/F. She was a sub adult to adult sized animal with 2 red tags. I could not see anything that could confirm an ID. Maybe tomorrow ?

 At 0735 Team Billand reported a foraging animal off shore of Germaine’s Luau Grounds, CIP. At 0805 it proved to be Pohaku (RO28).

 The highlight of the day for the Billands (and for me too actually) was their report of 3 animals on the usual rocks&pool at Maili Point. They would prove to be RIP (RR70), Kekoa (RK72) & Kimo Kai (RT12). At 1053 Kolohe (RW22) joined them making for a gang of 4. Late in the day Kimo Kai would return to foraging but the other 3 remained.

 Dana mail late in the day brought a photo of an U/F at “Crockodiles), Hauula.

 Another Dana mail at 1813 brought word that Tony had reported Holokai (RG40) at the Keiki Pool, Turtle Bay, and a shot had been received of a late U/U haul out at Chun’s, with a bunch of Turtle buddies.

 In the Yesterday’s News Department, Lusi & Jason Perry sent shots of Nani (RK60) , once again at MCBH yesterday. Thank you guys !!

 Kea
 UF & UF
 
 Big UF and mini green UF
 Right Spot
 looks like she's healed up pretty good... but geesh lots of new scars
Sunrise at Campbell Industrial Park
Kekoa
 Kekoa, Kimo Kai and Kolohe
 Kimo Kai. Rip, Kolohe and Kekoa
 Kolohe and Kimo Kai
 Kolohe, Kimo Kai. Rip and Kekoa
Pohaku
UU at Hauula
 UU along with some Honu friends at Chuns

No comments: