Thursday, February 25, 2016

2/25/2016 DB's Dailies: Kea@Rabbit Island, Right Spot@Kaupo Beach Park, Kimo Kai@Nanakai Beach Park, Pohaku@Uleawa Beach Park, Nihoa@LahiLahi Beach Park, Holokai@the Elbow, Turtle Bay, Nani@Fort Hase Beach, MCBH,

On my first look at Rabbit Island, at 0716, I saw nobody on Rabbit Island. This check is from the parking area at the pier. I got back to my lanai office at 0835, and as I was setting up I was blasted by a wall of white water, which got me, and as well as going through the open door, causing a waterfall effect down the stairs and going through the hallway and over the end on to te concrete below. Needless to day, I got the hint !! The rest of my observations were done from Kaupo Beach Park. At 0856 I found Kea (RN46)left of the 3BS. I will spare you my hideously poor shots. It just doesn’t work from KBP.

 I was fortunately however , that I was there. Brandi, on the Hotline called with the report of an animal at KBP near the pump house, which was a couple of hundred feet from me. Went over and discovered Right Spot (R016). I cordoned her off and she has remained all day. Right Spot departed at 1754.

 Team Billand reported Kimo Kai (RT12) at Nanakai Beach, Maili at 0618. He would depart at some point but returned at 1357.

 At 1123 they found Pohaku (RO28) at Uleawa Beach Park, Maili. She departed at 1840.

 At 1357 the reported Nihoa (R912) at LahiLahi.

 A Diane Gabriel call at 1345 brought word of Holokai (RG40) at the Elbow, Turtle Bay.

 Dana forward a couple of shots of a severely washed out area at the Keiki Pool. High water is having an impact on all shores.

 A Lusi Perry text at 1858 advised that Nani (RK60) had been at Fort Hase Beach, MCBH, since noon, looked after by Beth Ford, and of course Lusi & Jason. Thanks guys !!
https://www.facebook.com/BethFordPhotography/timeline

 Right Spot
 Kimo Kai 
 well this isn't very nice... hopefully it the angle but mr. is very close.
 Nihoa 
 oh she looking mighty big
 Pohaku looking good...
 I guess the wave action is a little too much for her
 Sunset Uleawa Beach Park
Holokai getting out of the white waters
 resting comfortably
 pretty content
 shows the high watermarks from the wave action

No comments: