Saturday, February 14, 2015

2/13/2015 DB's Dailies: U/M&U/U@RI, Benny@WP, Pohaku@Aki's, Makaha, Nihoa@Rest Camp, Pokai Bay, Haupu@Maipalaoa, Maili & Kolohe@Maili Point

The controlling factor in today’s searches out on in the SE quadrant was WIND...WIND... & more WIND !! I had my trusty anemometer with me on Makai Pier today. The routine moments were 25-40 mph, and I clocked gusts of 57...54...&51 mph, in the 15 minutes that I ran the test. As you regulars have heard me say many a time, the pier is a one of a kind place with SW winds ! Both Gayle and I were checking the spots, and RI was the only cast for today.

 Conditions like that caused me to end the day with an U/M and an U/U at Rabbit Island. The U/M was definitely yesterday’s animal, but I still can’t tell you who it is. The U/U was one of the youngsters, that is no doubt one of the regulars, but it never showed me anything.

 At 0820 Team Billand checked in with a skinny , Benny (RE74) on the Ewa Beach side of the White Plains fence line.

 They got a call about an animal at Aki’s Beach, Makaha at 0850. When they got there they confirmed the Pohaku (RO28) ID.

At 1009 the Billands got a call about an animal at Rest Camp, Pokai Bay.  They would confirm that animal as Nihoa (R912).

At 1604 they found Haupu (RB24) at Maipalaoa, Maili

 At 1626 the found Kolohe (RW22) at Maili Point.

In the Yesterday’s News department Kimo Smith is back from his Kauai vacation, and did the End of the World trek, after working yesterday, reporting RIP, Ka’ena,RK36,RW02& R330 “Squinty” at Ka’ena Point.

 I received 3rd hand info that the U/U with Kea at Blowhole on 2-11-15 was none other that Kekoa (RK73) ! I’ve been wondering if he was my U/M of late. Looks like the chances are good.

 The Billands are working the late shift with Benny at WP. They advised that I should “just hit send”. Check da’ blog in the morning for their day.

 UM and UU
 Ka'ena - RK36 - RW02
 Ka'ena
 R330 - Ka'ena - RK36 and RW02
 R330
 RIP with his cell tag attached
 RW02 

No comments: