Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2/10/2015 DB's Dailies: Kaino@RI, R5AY @ Laie, Diane Gabriel, Haupu @ Maili, Team Billand, Nani @ Moku Iki, Ama Marie

The hunt began at 0700. It would be 0934 before I found my first, and only critter of the day. It was Kainoa (RN04) fronting 3BS on Rabbit Island. He was the only visible resident on RI today.

 Gayle & I did multiple checks of the SE quadrant, to no avail.

 The highlight of the day came at 0941 with a call from DOFAW (Dept of Forestry & Wildlife) posse member Amarissa, from Moku Iki. She reported an animal there and also one on Moku Nui. At 1235 she called with the RK61 ID on the Moku Iki animal. That would be ............ NANI !!! (RK60/61), last seen on 9-29-14 on Rabbit Island. Though born on RI back on 5-24-11 to M&M, she has been an infrequent visitor to her birth place. Confirmed sightings are rare, so today’s is a biggy ! I asked Donna to check with her kayaker posse for info on the Moku Nui animal but I’ve heard nothing as of this writing.
  SO sorry.... the day got away from me.... I was able to confirm an animal was out there and was hoping to get a photo, but the Kayakers closed and went home before I could get back to them to follow up.... oh well maybe tomorrow.

 Diane Gabriel checked in at 1002 with the report of R5AY in Laie.

 At 1113 Team Billand found Haupu (RB24) at Maipalaoa, Maili. At 1742 they reported her in the water, but still hanging around in the canal.

 I got a 3rd hand account of the possibility that RI37 was sighted, and reported, somewhere on the North Shore yesterday. I have heard nothing more from any source.

 Kainoa
 holy green machine!  Honey girl you looking mighty green.... 

 wonder where she's been that got her that green
 she's looking rather full figured here
Haupu stretching back
 sing it loud!

No comments: