Wednesday, October 22, 2014

10/21/2014 Lesley's Waikiki and Ka'ena Point Monitoring

As I was getting our the door to drive out to NS to do the KPt monitoring I was asked to check Waikiki for a seal that had hauled out last night. I walked back and forth from WAQ to Duke's statue, spoke to HPD Officer and to Ocean Safety no one had seen or had any report of a seal.
I made it to KPt late. As I drove past Camp Erdman I stopped to check on an again overnighted RW02 "Kauai". He's looking skinny but very handsome in his new coat.
After checking in at Kimo's house and unloading the car I headed out to KPt solo. 
RN58 "Luana" has been hauling out at 10mts beach and that's where I found her. Sleeping peacefully. On my way back she was still there, had moved up because of tide and had a stick fence around her.
At the point I found RK36 "Kauai Kolohe" sleeping on the pebble beach near the water line.
@4:30PM made it back to the house after checking again on RW02 "Kauai PV"
It was a pleasant hike today, among some breef showers. They are lots of big puddles left over from "Ana" as well as some mud.
We'll be back out tomorrow  Aloha,  Lesley
 

No comments: