Thursday, October 9, 2014

10/9/2014 DB's Dailies: Kaiwi,Aukai&Duke@RI, Haupu@NIM, Kolohe@Maili Pt, Pohaku@PC

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0721 I found what would prove to be Kaiwi (RK96) & Aukai (RL12) together in the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS.

On a pan at 0724 I found Duke (RA12) at Seal Rock Inlet. His D#6 molt is 25%.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0820 I found that Duke had relocated to join the girls, fronting 1BS.

Aukai would move into the water at 1033 followed by Duke and then Kaiwi.

Kaiwi would haul out to Right Middle Cliff at 1044 , where she remained the rest of the day, and Duke would haul out to Seal Rock Inlet at 1053. He too remained there the rest of the day.

At 1632 I got a call from Joanne on the Hotline, advising of an anonymous caller reporting a seal attempting to haul out to the Makapuu side of Kaupo Beach Park, being attacked by 3 black dogs. She thought it might have bitten. I arrived at KBP at 1644 . That end of the beach park is totally controlled by derelicts who have “permanent residences” there for many months to years. I found the 3 black dogs and their owners, but of course nobody knew nothing. Nor did any of the other residence. There is zero doubt in my mind that they were lying to my face, and also no doubt that these are the same dogs that attacked a seal some weeks or months ago that Kimo Smith reported, but of course that is an unsupportable personal opinion. It was too late for DOCARE, but I did speak to a posse member in the organization who said what I already know was the case. Nothing can be done unless an officer sees the incident. It is very unlikely that will ever happen.

At 0806 Team Billand reported Haupu (RB24) fronting #1945, Nimitz Cottages. She would be run off by a dog at 1024.

Team Billand reported email from Dana reporting Pohaku (RO28) at Paradise Cove from 0956. Volunteer Mike was with her.

At 1420 the Billands reported Kolohe (RW22) at Maili Point.


 Kaiwi Aukai and Duke
 Haupu at Nimitz
 Was this dog leashed?  It looks like it is.... so was it the barking that caused her to haul ass into the water?
 Kolohe at Maili Point 
 Mr. Handsome...

No comments: