Sunday, April 11, 2010

HMSRTO - Outreach Weekend

This weekend was very busy with Punahou Sustainability Fair that was an outreach and educational opportunity through HMSRTO to reach students and teachers and let everyone know about the HMS and what they can do to help. Thank you to our Board Members for their participation in this event.

Many thanks to our volunteers and HMSRTO Board Members for their participation in the Ward Center Fundraising opportunity for Friends, Family & Community program. A 3 day event to assist non-profits in community outreach and fundraising opportunities. We earned a little bit of much needed funds and were able to talk about the HMS to new and interested local people in our community.

Remember folks, the more people we reach in a positive way the easier our job as responders will be out there on the beaches.

5 comments:

val said...

Hi,
I was wondering if I would be able to get one of the monk seal posters that is pictured on the front of the event table? I had one, but sent it on to KP2's fan club in Texas as an educational tool. Let me know. Thanks,
val

Donna said...

Val .. Liz had that poster made of KP2 from a snapshot. She did for the fair... but that brings up a great idea... to sell them.

I can find out what she paid.
It does look good.

Liz said...

VAl,

I have the original of that photo of KP2- I can have one made for you at Costco,if you want-
that one was made was almost lifesize....or could you use a more poster size one- I think we could get it done for you for about $10 ( smaller than lifesize )....Liz

Liz said...

Thanks for posting Pics Donna...

val said...

Liz,
Thanks for the offer. I was really just looking to get the other poster. I had one but, sent it to some school kids in Texas (kp2 fan club) for educational purposes. Now that I am headed back to the mainland wanted to replace it. I do believe Jen Metz is bringing me one this weekend (earth day) Good to know that you had the other one made at Costco as I have a zillion pics of Kp2 that I took while he was here on Molokai that I could see having enlarged. thanks so much for thinking of me.