Friday, April 2, 2010

4/2/2010 DB Dailies

Sadie was the first find of the day. At 0710 I found her tucked into the base of the cliff, 30 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0945, I found that Kolohe had joined her. Both were closer to the water line. As the rising tide began to get to them they began to interacted briefly, and they entered the water together at 1219. The water conditions were, as they have been the last several wind blown days, so I lost them quickly once they were in the water. Despite constant panning through the afternoon, I did not see them again today.
Team Billand called initially at 0845 with the report that they were watching a swimming animal off shore of White Plains. Barbara followed the animal the full length of White Plains, then the entire length of Kalaeloa Campgrounds, and finally at 1030, Irma hauled out to the reef at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. Robert drove the car ! Having done that treak a time or two myself , I know all to well, that I'd be down and out for a week after that trek. For Barbara.............. no biggy !!! Irma departed of her own volition at 1453, with the rising tide.


Buster
Irma

No comments: