Monday, April 26, 2010

4/26/2010 DB Dailies

At 0657, from Makai Pier I found what would prove to be Duke, once again up in the grass at the right end of the beach , on Rabbit Island. He would move down mid morning to cool off and remained there the rest of the day.

On my 2nd look at RI , from the Makapuu Overview I chanced to see a swimming head, just passing 3BS, and swimming left. I watched the animal haul out at the far left end of the beach on RI at 0820, and then relocated to Makai Pier. From that location , after a while , I was able to confirm that it was RIP. When the rising tide began to impact him, he entered the water and swim right and hauled out again, 80 ft right of 3BS. He remained there the rest of the day. He is newly returned from his Molokai vacation.

While panning to follow RIP on his swim, I happened on to Kolohe, who was stretched out on the water front rocks at the mid Middle Cliff area, where he spent the day.

Team Billand checked in at 0943 to report 2AW at Electric Beach. Their travels today took them from Yokes to Ewa Beach, and 2AW was their only find.
Duke
RIP
2AW

No comments: