Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So Long to a Friend and Great Volunteer

Aloha Good People....
Every once in awhile you come across someone special and you just know from the first time you meet there is an amazing aura surrounding them. Well Val has that.... I know Diane who is someone that spent many many hours hiking Molokai, finding seals and then chasing KP2 around will miss her dearly as will DB. But this blog lady is going to miss someone who helped this blog grow.

It started with an email from Molokai from a woman who went on hikes and searched the web for information on Monk Seals. She came across the blog and a friendship began, sharing information sometimes posted for the public and sometimes not. Val also took it a step further wanting to add some humor and appealing to a younger audience by adding Monks Moments...

I will miss her dearly... I know she will be reading and keeping up with the news on the blog, so I will try not to disappoint her.  For all her friends in Hawaii.... I understand your sadness.... We never know what is around the corner... we just need to treasure what we have today.
~da blog lady ~donna~
Oh I did ask Ron and Val when they were buying their return tickets... sorry couldn't help myself.

3 comments:

Di Molokai said...

Thanks so much for posting this and for giving Val the tribute that she so deserves. I will never walk to La'au Pt. again without feeling that my gal pal Val is right beside me....

Barbara said...

Awe Diane, I feel for you. But you know what...you can do this. You are an excellent volunteer, making all those Laau Treks and YES, Val will be in your soul too. Keep up your work, you are Awesome yourself in so many ways. We love ya and wish ya well Diane Pike. Listen, the birds will chirp, the sun will rise, and you'll wake up for another LAAU TREK, which we will be waiting to hear of. You go Diane Pike!!!!!! Flipper hugs and some snorts too...B

Donna said...

Awww Di... I know you going to miss your gal pal... but you have us and if you need we just an expensive puddle jump away. lol