Thursday, July 9, 2020

07/09/2020 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Another busy and multitasking but calm day in the park.
Morning started with three over knighted seal in front
RN58 Luana nearly had me molting my skin off when I came down the trail and nearly step on her rear flipper. We were lucky she never even noticed I was there. Talk about sleeping IN the Naupaka !! I went further down the beach to check on RG40 Holokai and when I turned to go back I saw Luana had galumphed her way down the beach and passed her coming out of the Naupaka on the opposite side of where she had been RK36 Kauai Kolohe was making his way down the beach.
They reminded me of mum R912 "Nihoa", she used to come all the way up into the Naupaka and onto one of our access trails.
Tomorrow I'll have to look carefully where I step to go down on the beach.
Later I went down again to the Pkg Lot to look for PO4 Kai D78. He was just hauling out on to the little beach cove. Some fishermen were there, after doing the 1on1 with them I put their kid as eyes and ears volunteer for me. Till later every time he saw me he gave me the all good shakka sign.
On an afternoon check only Luana was at Lyman's. I'll go down again at sunset.  More tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ

No comments: