Wednesday, July 1, 2020

07/01/2020 Wednesday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Wednesdays are early start days
I was back at sunrise to check the beach in front. I wasn't surprised to find RG28 Lefty on the beach with RK36 Kauai Kolohe and RN58 Luana up in the Naupaka. Premonition was correctec RN58 Luana has started her molt D1

As I was heading over to check on the weaner, I saw a seal swimming towards our side. A few of us, will remember this guy's visit to Irma and her pup Kaiwi many moons ago. The seal would swim up the surfers channel bobbing it's head up and down like a periscope. We knew our boy RE74 Benny had arrived. I hadn't seen him do that for a longtime, it made me smile and think of dear DB. He was always on the lookout for Benny's visit to the pup site. Benny's arrival always caused trouble. Irma would always be foaming after his visit.
This morning his arrival also caused some ruffled feathers (shall I say fur?). He went straight to Lefty, who didn't welcome him. 
That woke up Kauai Kolohe that like a flash made his way down the beach and said some harsh words to Benny (even Lefty backed up). Then he lloked towards Luana and headed back up.
Benny rolled himself to the waterline and left. I found him an hour later hauled out at CE Pt.

I also turned around and started my way back to look for PO4 Kai D70. A fisherman gently pointed him out to me, we both agreed he's "sprading his wings/flippers". I was foraging and ended up being tossed on the table shelf where he played in the tide pools, finding treasures. From up the top of the lookouts it was entertaining to observe him.   More tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ
 
 Benny or the Nessie from Loch Ness

No comments: