Monday, August 7, 2017

8/7/2017 Monk Seal Dailies: Lesley's Ka'ena Point Update

The heat was so brutal today that I decided to do a late afternoon hike out to the point, the wind had picked up and it was a very pleasant hike.
At the point I found RL42 hauled out on Back Beach, as I looked towards the Main Pool I spotted a head thru the waves making his way out, the tide was very high due to the full moon. He swam around the point and surfed on to the Back Beach nose to nose with RL42. She gave him her 2 cents (or 5c), he turned back with his tail between his back flippers, entered the water and was gone. Lol now I get it :-)
Left not knowing who he was till I got my pics downloaded and there he was RK36 "Kauai Kolohe". 
The colors of the Waianae mountains in the late afternoon were gorgeous. As I walked back I kept looking back to see the sun set.

 Beautiful mountains
 RK36 Kauai Kolohe
 RL42 and RK36 Kauai Kolohe
 RL42

No comments: