Monday, October 31, 2016

10/31/2016 DB's Dailies: Kolohe,Kekoa&J/M@Rabbit Island, Pohaku@Maili Beach Park, R8HE@L#3,KoOlina, Holokai@Turtle Bay

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0727 I found what I believed to be Kolohe up in the Morning Glory fronting 1BS. When I got back to Makai Pier a1 1100 after an appointment, I confirmed the Kolohe (RW22)ID. At that time I also found a 1005 molted Kekoa (RK72 ) at 2BS, and the unknown J/M of the last few days at Seal Rock Inlet. All would remain at those locations for the day.

 At 0822 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Maili Point.

 At 0923 they found R8HE in Lagoon #3 , KoOlina. Tracy advised that the ventral shots may show molting. R8HE was also doing some unusual floating behavior, on her side and belly up. NOAA was advised of the behavior. Overall R8HE appears to be healing.

 Diane Gabriel spent time with Holokai (RG40) today at the Keiki Pool, Turtle Bay. As you can see his molt is nearly completed.

 J/M
 Kekoa 
 Kolohe
Pohaku
 R8HE
 amazing
Holokai
 hmmmmm
 look how cute he is
 clean belly

No comments: