Wednesday, October 5, 2016

10/5/2016 DB's Dailies: RG32.Kawena&RIP@Rabbit Island, Kekoa@Maili Pt, RK36@Guard Rails, RL42 & RW02@Makua Cliffs, Ka'ale@Ka'ena Point,

At 0630 I found a 100% molted RG32 snoozin’ in the tall grass behind Seal Rock Inlet, on Rabbit Island. He would later move down for the day, allowing the ID.

 At 0700 I found a large male 50 ft right of 3BS. Through the day I began to amass bits of info that lead me to believe that my #1 son might be home for a visit. It was not until I got home to compare what I’d seen with my photo file that I was certain that RIP(RR70) had returned to his roots. He had last been seen, by the Billands at the 30Min mark on the west side. His last visit home to RI was on 4-17-16.

 The J/F was a no show again today at RI. I can not state as a fact that it is Cass, but it is a possibility. Regardless of ID she had been showing some head movement that was suggestive of possible line or hook, but again I’ve never seen anything here, preferring to work with the NOAA gang to confirm. I was holding off saying anything until I had any kind of actual facts, but word seems to have gotten out. There are still no facts.

 On a pan at 0733 I found little Kawena (RH36) just moving up into view at Rocky Right Beach. All three would remain all day.

 At 0815 Team Billand found Kekoa (RK72), once again at Maili Point. They noticed two foraging animals off shore of Maili Pt at 0822 but could not get an ID.

 At 0920 the Billands found RK36 at Maili Guard Rails.

 At 1022 they found RL42 at Makua Cliffs.

On a second check at 1239 they found that RW02 had joined her.

 Yahoo is still screwed up so check in the blog in the morning for the Billand’s day.

 I know folks where out looking, but I’ve heard no further word on Benny.

 Tammy T trekked to the End of the World today, and found only a single , small animal there. After some analyses, and comparisons to photo file shots it appears as though she spent quality time with Ka’ale (RH32) at Ka’ena Point !

Kawena
 RG32 
 RIP 
 the original Rabbit Island Pup 
 Ka'ale

No comments: