Monday, October 10, 2016

10/9/2016 DB's Dailies: Kainoa,U/F&U/U@Rabbit Island, Kaiwi@Outrigger, Kolohe@Lanai Lookout, RW02,Squinty&Ka'ale@Ka'ena Point,

When I arrived at Makai Pier at 0715 I found what would prove to be Kainoa (RN04) just right of 3BS on Rabbit Island. That was so easy to say but that ID took all day. It would be 1342 before he ever showed me his left side allowing me to see his signature marker, a pit scar at his LFF joint. Even then I wasn’t certain until I got home to check the shot.

 At 1309 a juvenile sized animal with a new coat appeared in the shallows fronting Kainoa, but never hauled. Instead the animal galumphed in the shallows and hauled out behind the rocks, and no ID was possible. All I had was a bright , white belly to look at all afternoon.

 On a pan at 1404 to the far left end of the beach, I spied the tiniest sliver of black in a depression in the sand. It would take a while but the animal moved up enough to allow me to see that it was a juvenile, with a new coat, but that was all I ever got.

 Marilyn went off to Kaiwi (RK96) duty at Outrigger from 0940 - noon. Kaiwi owned the place yet again.

 Paul Hasley checked in at 0908 from Lanai Lookout after a dive and reported that he had seen Kolohe (RW22). Once again he did an outstanding job with today’s stills.

 Barbara did another End of the World trek again today, and reported RW02 & Squinty (R330) at 1215 and then at 1319 she called again to advise that she had found Ka’ale (RH32).

 As you know Benny (RE74) was successfully captured and transported to the NOAA facility yesterday. He got x-rays and assessment. The hook was located but could not be removed. Surgery will be required, probably tomorrow.

Kainoa and UF
 Kainoa
 U/U 
 Kaiwi
 happy as a clam
Kolohe
 Thank you PAUL !!!!
RW02
 Squinty
 Ka'ale
 Mr. Bright Eyes
 I can still see you
 now you're being shy

No comments: