Monday, November 10, 2008

DB Post Monday November 10th

M&M@RI, Irma&Kermit@WP, 11-10-08

My first pass through the entire SE quadrant was a total bust, so I decided to do a SW quadrant run. Just as I was approaching the area, the Billands called to report Irma at White Plains, so I continued on the the wind sock at Kalaeloa Beach. A fisherman there advised that an animal had been there, but had departed just moments ago, headed in a White Plains direction. I notified the Billand and then met them there at Irma's location. As we were talking we observed what proved to be Kermit just hauling out down in front of cottage #1944. We got him cordoned off and got ID shots of both animals.

When I returned to the pier, at 1320 I found what would prove to be M&M cruisin' on the beach at the left end of Rabbit Island. Once again, she had the place all to herself. Aloha, DB

No comments: