Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Weaner - Hoku

Aloha Good People!
I spent the Tues. evening shift with our newest weaner and I have to say he seems very unaffected by Mom's absence. It took me half the shift to get to the "bucket" since our little Hoku hauled back up in front of Bernard's house. This made getting to the log book and binoculars difficult. After he moved... Malia and I were able to sneak by at the very end of the evening, unfortunately the log book was missing. I do hope someone turns it into NOAA.

Hoku's overall appearance is healthy, beyond chubby and very curious. He has spent lots of time playing with sticks, twigs and rocks. Since I didn't have the log book I was unable to determine how much time he spent swimming but based on his really long snooze he was pretty tired. The barking dogs in the area didn't even stir him up!

I did have a chance to speak with both Bernard and Lenora and let them know the volunteers had decided to honor them by naming the pup Hoku. Well that's tonight scoop ~donna~

No comments: