Tuesday, July 1, 2008

DB Post Monday June 30th

Kerby,Sadie,Buster&R301@RI, Rocky@KK&SC, Irma@Kalaeloa
Rocky provided some happy moments. I checked the Kokee Flats as I do everyday, and walked to the end at Irma's Grotto, finding nothing. I turned to start back, and there, 50 ft away was Rocky, just hauling out ! How's that for timing ? Totally Amazing !!

I knew that she couldn't last long there since we had a 2.6 high tide at 1335, and the flats would be under water by mid day. I left the pier and went to check Spitting Cave at 1300, and lo and behold , just as I thought therrrrrrrrrrrrrre was Rocky, doing 6 to 7 minutes feeds. Sometimes I scare me !

A White Plains lifeguard called at 1018 to report that he'd seen N3 (Irma) at the Kalaeloa Campgrounds just west of the WP perimeter fence. The Billands confirmed the Irma ID at 1424

Donna Festa called at 1427 to report that R5AY had weaned the kid. Her history says she is a 49 day Mom, and today was D#49, right on schedule. Aloha, DB













No comments: