Thursday, July 3, 2008

Brief Update on Northshore Pups Move

Aloha Good People!

I wish I had more energy... but I am exhausted and my sleep pattern is definitely messed up. Needless to say Wednesday was a HUGE day for the Oahu Monk Seal Supporters AND the monk seals themselves.

I was amazed at the number of volunteers that showed up at 5:00 AM to observe this amazing process.... TRUE dedication! Unfortunately, HOKU the not so little seal did not cooperate with us, it was after 10:00 am that he hauled out of the water and the fun began. NOAA's team of professionals included Dr. Bob Braun, Tracey Wurth, Darin Padula & Michelle Yuen tagged him with number W18 and had him secured for transport in no time. Oh and this not so little porker measured in at 132cm length and 122 cm girth... He is as fat as he is tall. Wonder why it took a team of people to help carry him off the beach.

Also Hoku was joined by his cousin Kolohe and brought out to Rabbit Island where they will be watched very very closely by Uncle DB. Oh not to mention cousin Kerby who can show them the ropes. It will be interesting to watch as they grow up. I will post photos as they roll in!

I feel like I just went through an experience of a lifetime.... and the added bonus was I got to meet some incrediable people along the way! MAHALO to all !

No comments: