Sunday, July 6, 2008

DB Post Saturday July 5th

Hoku,Kolohe,Kerby,RB08&Sadie@ RI, 7-5-08
Thankfully, there were no other calls today, so I could spend maximum time with the weaners. Today was considerably less hectic than yesterday's zoo, but interesting nonetheless.

Initially, I found Kolohe at the left end and Kerby at the right end. Later in the morning when the shadows began to brighten at the left end I saw RB08 tucked into the base of the cliff at LPB, and at 0920 Sadie came galumphing out of the Morning Glory to the right of 3BS.

Kolohe went for a swim and hauled out again just to the right of 1BS, where she spent the rest of the day. Hoku went into the water at 1255, and I immediately lost him. I relocated to the Makapuu Overview (MO) at 1430 and found two swimming animals ranging from 1BS to 2BS. At 1500 the two animals hauled out to 2BS, and I returned to Makai Pier at 1513 and found that they were Hoku and Kerby. I called it a day at 1600.

Lesley McPherson came thru with photos of Hoku and Kolohe on moving day. Thank you..........very much !! Aloha, DB



No comments: