Tuesday, July 22, 2008

DB Post Tuesday July 22nd

Kerby,Hoku,Kolohe,Sadie,Ewa Girl,RIP&R301@RI, Irma@SB, 7-22-08
I found Irma waiting for me at the east end of Sandy Beach at 0611. She was still there on my last pass at 1600, and I will join her again at dusk. Fortunately, it was a windy,rainy day out this way, and she had the east end all to herself most of the time.

The Rabbit Island cast was much the same as previous days. Ewa Girl's bare spot on the chest and upper abdomen doubled in size, so I'm guesstimating 10%. Once again today, she departed around mid day, to presumably feed. Some do, some don't. She had not returned as of my departure from the pier at 1600. Kerby, Hoku and Kolohe were all present and spread out from the left end to the right end. Hoku and Kolohe were snoozin' all day, but in the afternoon Kerby had a fun time for a while playing with sticks, and nosing around in small tide pools. Sadie, R301 and RIP rounded out the cast. Since it was a windy, off and on rainy, and pretty much crappy day, it was a perfect snoozin' Monk Seal day, and that is basically all they did. There was no observed interaction between anybody. Aloha, DB

No comments: