Thursday, July 3, 2008

Well Ain't that a Kick in the Head


Aloha Good People!


What we have here in the above photo is a snippit of a larger picture, but you will note the foot making contact with my head.... all I can say is thank god Darin doesn't wear steel toe shoes!
Through the process of securing Hoku so Tracy could give him some jewelry for his fins I got knocked in the head. It all happened so fast and honestly I forgot about it until I received a couple of photos! Hey all for the good of the seals right!

As you will see in DB's post our Northshore Pups are adapting to their new home, and seem to be enjoying the company. Here are some additional photos of Hoku the pup from the Crawford site, these photos were taken by the Billand(s) and Karen Bryan (as always thank you for sharing). These are some of the last pictures taken of him at his Northshore birth place.

Again such a big exciting day for many.... All the professionals, all the volunteers and of course the pups! ~donna~





2 comments:

Darin Padula said...

It sure looks to me like you're smiling in that photograph, so I'm not so sure it was a true kick to the head :) At least, not with any kind of malice or intent to it... I think it was the bare minimum to effectively remove you from Hoku, though. If I hadn't used NOAA's patented 'volounteer-vacating' technique, I think we'd have ended up with both of you in the transport cage :)

Thanks again for your hard work and tireless efforts. I appreciate it very much, as do my coworkers.

Mahalo.

Donna said...

Ahhhhh!

I must have missed the part about volunteer-vacating....

Thanks Darin... you're right I was smiling I was having the time of my life, holding down that little porker!