Friday, July 25, 2008

DB Post Friday july 25th

Kerby,Hoku,Kolohe,Sadie,RIP&Ewa Girl@RI, Irma@SB, Rocky@DH
Ewa Girl's daily water sessions are definitely speeding up her molt. Today on D#5 she is 80%. She left at mid day for another swim.

RIP was right there along side her all day, but did not depart with her.

Sadie was at her usual spot at 3BS, and all the Weaners were present I'm happy to say. Hoku at the mid Middle Cliff (MMC) area all day, Kerby hauled up over the rocks at Seal Rock Inlet (SRI). The problem child was Kolohe, of course. I had not seen him all day yesterday, and he was not visible this morning. I knew in my little ,bald heart that he was probably hiding behind the rocks of Rocky Right Beach (RRB), at the extreme right end of the beach area. Sure enough at 1110 his chunky little bod made a 5 minute appearance above the rocks, just long enough for me to see his transmitter, right side natural bleach, tags and belly. He then moved out of sight again, and I did not see him again today. RRB has always been a problem because about 1/3rd of it is not visible except from the air. The critters could be having a disco , orgy in there and you'd never know.

My day actually began at 0610 when I found Irma waiting for me at the east end of Sandy Beach. I checked her several times in the morning since moving cordon was required as the tide came up. On my 1145 check, she was gone, and I could find no witnesses to her departure time. I did not see her again today.

Colleen Heyer checked in at 1153 with the seemingly "daily" Rocky at Diamond Head report. Thank you Colleen for all that you do (and that goes for your subcontractors too.) Aloha, DB


No comments: