Wednesday, July 2, 2008

DB Post Wednesday July 2nd

Kerby,Buster,RIP,Sadie,R301, Kolohe, Hoku@RI, Rocky@DH, 7-2-08
By any yard stick you choose to use, this was a landmark day. Never before have we had 3 pups at the same time on Oahu, and never before have we had two of them translocated to Rabbit Island .

The routine RI cast was Kerby, RIP, Buster, R301, and Sadie. At mid morning to mid day two new cast members were added to the mix. Kolohe (W22) , the Mokuleia weaner, and Hoku (W18), the Crawford's weaner were translocated to Rabbit Island. The operations were a complete success, and when I departed Makai Research Pier at 1600, both animals were adjusting to their new surroundings, and appeared normal and well.

For any of you who have served in the trenches at either site, please pass this along to all the others. Now that these two have been delivered to my care, I want each of you to know that you are welcome to stop by Makai Research Pier, preferraby on the weekends , to check on your pups. Having been there many times myself, I know all to well the let down of having your pups leave the nest. Please call before your visits (***-****) just to be sure that I'm there. KNOW that I will protect both of these guys, to the best of my ability, now and forever.

Hoku tagged W18 Born on May 12, 2008 - Pup of R5AY






Kolohe tagged W22 Born on May 13, 2008 - Pup of "KC"

No comments: