Thursday, January 2, 2020

1/2/2020 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Woke up with the smell of rain, another blessing around here. I had to do a run to Waialua on my way back I spotted the TRIO of Snow Geese on the airfield.
Shortly after, Team T&D & I headed into the gated side of the park. It was quiet till we got to the point. 3 seals were hauled out sleeping
RL74 Kami was spread out on the Main Beach
R3CU was on the sand part of Back Beach and on the top corner little RL98 Lina was making her way down from the Naupaka line. I was lucky to get her N34 marking before she rolled in the sand and got completely breaded.
We did the track towards the  Keawaula side, we were hoping to see RL20 Kalua and RL70 Leina but alas never got to put our eyes on them. We made it past the half way and turned back due to heavy rain coming our way and we still had to make it back to Mokulei'a side. Some visitors were excited to tell us they saw a seal swimming by. 
When we got back to the point we found a party going on in the Main Pool. 2 big seals were playing hippo, then splashing around. The players were RO40 Ka'ena & RG40 Holokai. Tammy was able to get tags fast on both of them I was in a terrible angle due to lighting. It seemed like I was taking photos in B&W, the glare was so strong.
I came home and checked the front beaches there was no one around
More tomorrow ðŸŒº
 

No comments: