Thursday, January 9, 2020

01/09/2020 Thursday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Another crack-a-dawn start. I thought I was prepared for the chilly weather, but for the first couple of hours the wind was going straight thru to the bones. We had several squalls thru out the morning and later in the afternoon as well.
I went down to the point to check the beaches and started IDing seals.
As I was documenting the "New Dude" R339 (M) in the shallow waters of the Main Pool when a torpedo also known as R330 Squinty entered the pool went straight up to R339. They had short words and settled down.
Team T&D met up with me at the point. Tammy asked me did you see Lina" I said "no that's Kami".... turns out both girls were on Back Beach on opposites ends". I had seen RL74 Kami in her nook and Tammy had seen RL98 Lina bellow some Naupakas down the beach where little "Puna" used to hide.
The 2 big boys took off playing. We started heading back. Team T&D spotted "Squinty" at the end of the Runway, he was in search mode. Did all the pools, I last saw him swimming around in Ka'ena's Pool.
I checked the beaches here in front and didn't see any seals or trails. 
Actually trails would be hard to see bc the wind is so strong on this side that my own foot prints disappeared in minutes covered up by the sand.
I did a cut & paste of RL74 Kami's CC bite. It happened on Dec 24th 2019 in 17 days it's dry and healed. The flap didn't fall off and stuck back on.
More tomorrow ðŸŒº
 

No comments: