Friday, August 9, 2019

August 9, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

On my morning walk down the beach I met with RK40 "Napua" and RN58 "Luana"
That racoon mask the "Napua" has on makes me believe that she was the U/U that I saw @ Back Beach on Wednesday. I gave up trying to predict this youngsters molt, but perhaps she'll be inspired by her Aunty "Luana" and will stick around to molt this time.

Later in the early afternoon I went down with Ka'ala, it was so hot that I stripped his diaper and went into the water with him, dress and all.
We heard a sneeze turned around and saw "Luana" lying 200 feet from us. I told baby Ka'ala that the seal was taking a nap ni-night, he looked at me, put his finger up in front of his face and said Shhhh...
RK40 "Napua" was still in the same spot

Walked back to the house hoping not to meet anyone I knew... :)   More tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ


No comments: