Saturday, December 9, 2017

12/9/2017 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Point Update

Marilyn, Diane & I met at CE Pt this morning. I had just checked the beach, it was seal-less.
We headed out to KPt.  Diane and I stayed for a while near the entrance gate while Marilyn had gone ahead to the point. While we waited, I saw 2 possibly 3 seals playing out on the big waves. Marilyn, Diane & Jaime had to leave so I headed in.
The only seal I saw out there was R353 (F) just making her way down the Main Beach to the waterline, her CC bite is still watering but it doesn't look infected - Marilyn had just seen her up near the big rock.
I also walked to the Waianae side to check the cliffs near the gate.
The girls let me know that 3 seals had hauled out at Hidden Beach so hiking back I stopped there and found RN58 "Luana", RG40 "Holokai and RO40 "Ka'ena.
Talking to Michelle (a beach goer shell picking), she said that a small seal had hauled out before the 3 showed up, played in the waves then left. She showed me the pic on her camera but I couldn't read the tags. As soon as she sends me the pic I'll double check to see if I can ID it.
Michelle sent me an email about a seal at 10 Mints Beach - I went back out and IDed R330 "Squinty".


 Holokai is so sweet, but I get the feeling the other seals think he's a pest 

No comments: