Tuesday, January 6, 2015

1/6/2015 DB's Dailies: U/U@RI, Kea@SB, Rocky@Kaimana, RIP&Haupu@WP, R5AY&RI37@Hauula, Kolohe@Maili Pt

Though on the road at 0630, it would be 1050 before I saw my first critter. It was then that I saw what was probably a medium size U/U with a new coat, only partially visible in the Morning Glory, 10 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. It never left that location and no ID was ever possible.

 The bulk of the day was spent on the Buster/Kea hunt, and despite many a mile traveled by both Gayle and myself, we were battin' zero.

 That would change at 1510 with a call from posse member , Michelle, reporting a small animal just hauling out to the outfall at Sandy Beach. I wonder who that could be ??? When I arrived at 1506 , of course I found Kea (RN46) on the outfall, and cordoned him off. Kea remains at dark.

 At 0630 I received a text from Dana advising that HPD had reported what would prove to be Rocky (RH58) at Kaimana Beach, at 0300 in the morning. I heard Todd and Colleen's names, and if there were others involved, Thank you.............very much ! Dana reported Rocky's departure at 1340.

 At 1100 posse member Christian Young called advising that he was watching a foraging animal just off shore of the breakwater at Magic Island. Rocky is always the first thought on MI calls, but it was later confirmed that Rocky was still at Kaimana at the time so that ruled her out. I didn't hear from CY again so I presume the UU continued on.

 At 1023 Team Billand reported RIP (RR70) at #1708, White Plains. He would be joined by the lovely Haupu (RB24) at 1122. Dana advised that they had both departed at 1740.

 Diane Gabriel called at 1100 advising that she was with R5AY & RI37 in Hauula, across from the Fire Station. For those not familiar with the family tree, they are mother (R5AY) and daughter.

 At 1558 Team Billand called with the report of Kolohe (RW22) at his usual spot at Maili Pt.

 You'll have to bear with me tonight. I'm on Missus W's computer (by new one will be hooked up later), so I don't have photos. Check the blog in the morning for all the shots .... and here are Team Billand shots from today.

Rip at white plains
Go Pro guy !!!  whatcha going do?
 Haupu
 Haupu and Rip



No comments: