Tuesday, August 12, 2008

DB Post Tuesday August 12th

Kerby,Hoku,Kolohe,RB08@RI, Rocky@DH, R5AY@Sunset Beach, 8-12-08
The boyz, Hoku,Kolohe and Kerby were joined on RI today by an 80% molted , scraggly lookin' RB08. Other than moving up with the rising tide, nothing happened.

A call from Tracy at 1358 advised that there was an animal at DH. She said she'd tried to contact Colleen Heyer, but there was no answer. I had to let her know that Colleen had the TOTALLY LAME excuse of having gotten married on Saturday, and was on her honeymoon. When I arrived at 1436 I found Rocky, 100 ft right of the path.


I'd been aware that a possible R5AY had been at Sunset Beach for the last couple of days. Tracy said that Jennifer Maldonado had confirmed this morning that it was R5AY, and Team Billand sent photo documenation from their afternoon run to the North Shore. According to my math, she should be getting ready to molt, which would explain multiple days at Sunset.

I received word from Karen Harris today, that she will be departing in September for California and beyond. She is an absolutely vital part of my life, and by extention, your lives, since she has been my eyes at KP forever. Joanna and the others who also make the trek, know all too well the hole that Karen's departure will create. Aloha, DB
Kolohe, Hoku and RB08
Rocky at Diamond Head

R5AY at Sunset Beach... looking like she gained back some of her weight.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Just read the dailies. Sorry to hear you'll be losing a fantastic monk seal spotter. I wish her well in her new adventures. It was an awesome time meeting you Karen Harris at KP. Your work with the seals will be missed!