Monday, August 25, 2008

DB Post Monday August 25th

Kerby,Hoku,RB08&R301@RI, Rocky@HB, T15M@KP, 8-25-08
After the action packed days of 6 to 10 animals on RI, the last couple of days have been a drastic down turn in excitement. Though there were some warm , fuzzy moments at the end. To start with I could find a critter anywhere in the SE quadrant until my 3rd trip to the pier at 1130. Finally, I found Kerby and Hoku about 40 ft apart at the left end of the island.

Absolutely nothing would happen until 1417 when R301 hauled out to join Kerby, and at 1500 RB08 hauled out to join Hoku. RBOB was being quite the aggressive little girl. Poor Hoku didn't have a clue, so she started off toward Kerby , who was also moving toward her. Once again she was totally the aggressor, and again the kid didn't have a clue what was going on, so off she went heading for R301. Once again she was the more aggressive. The boyz and been following in her wake so all 4 were together in a tight group. At 1521 with Hoku in the lead, all 4 entered the water, and rolled and played in the shallows. I relocated to the Makapuu Overview (MO), and watched as the played off shore of 1BS.

I got a call from HB at 1600, reporting an animal on the left side rock flats. I was thinkin' Ewa Girl, but to my shock and awe when I got down there I found Rocky ! She'd last been reported at Nimitz Beach in the SW quadrant on 8-21-08. Obviously, she is back home in the SE quadrant.

Karen Harris called to report that she had spent the morning with T15M at KP. Aloha, DB



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where is Kolohe? Doesn't he have GPS tracker?