Sunday, August 10, 2008

DB Post Sunday August 10th

Kerby,Hoku,Kolohe,RB08,Sadie@RI, Buster@SC, 8-10-08
Relatively speaking , it was a quiet day on RI today. The first pass was a bust. I didn't find an animal until I got to Spitting Cave where I found Buster doing 9 minutes dives.

When I got back to the pier at 0900 for the day's observations I initially found only RB08 at the left end of the island but she would be joined first by Hoku, and shortly thereafter Kolohe. They spent the entire day together with no interaction. Later, Kerby would haul out way back on the left end beach, and Sadie hauled out at the right end. RB08's molt has progressed to approximately 20 %.

Though technically not today's news, both Team Billand , and Karen Harris did the KP trek yesterday, and both reported finding only Benny at KP. Aloha, DB
Kerby, Hoku & Kolohe "The Weaners"
Sadie
Benny At Ka'ena Point - Photo from the Billand(s)

No comments: