Friday, August 28, 2020

08/28/2020 Friday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Finally, a quiet day at the point and I was also able to enjoy some wildlife

Sightings started at 10Mins Beach with our beautiful "Lady" hauling out near RL98 Lina. The little girl is green as a Kermit. Hours later when I came back Lina was alone on the beach.
Next I spotted RO40 Ka'ena in an unusual spot on a reef but starting to get wet by the rising tide.
At the point RL74 Kami was up on some reefs, hours later when I checked on her she was in the exact position.
R330 Squinty was in the exact same place I last saw him yesterday near the waterline. The swimmer was RF28 Paakea. He spooked Squinty and they both had some words. Different from Benny yesterday, Paakea stood ground. They ended up rolling in the water and there was a lot of splashing. First Paakea left than shortly after Squinty did also. I didn't see them again.


I was going over my photos to confirm Paakea's ID when another seal showed up in the pool it was Ka'ena - he swam around went out, checked the coastline then disappeared in a wave.
All morning the visiting old planes were flying back and forth around the point. Very entertaining.
I stopped by to check on Dave's chicky before heading out, amazing how fast the chicks are growing.
More tomorrow🌺 - Be safe ! ðŸ˜·




No comments: