Friday, January 5, 2018

1/5/2018 RJ16 Kahulu So Long Sweet Child

We have some very sad news today the loss of RJ16 Kahulu. 
Here is the official link from NOAA:
http://www.fpir.noaa.gov/stories/hawaiian_monk_seal_rj16_update_01022018.html

It's never easy to lose one of these amazing critters and it's especially hard when we lose one so young. All I know is when it's my time to go, I want to be by the Rainbow bridge. 

Here is some amazing footage of him taken back in October. Although I never got to see him in person when I watched this video I fell in love with him.  Thank you Diane for sharing, I am sure you will hold these memories close to your heart.


2 comments:

b said...

Oh No!!! How tragic he didnt survive, I'm sorry North Shore volunteers. My heart goes out to you all for the many hours you spent watching over him and educating so many humans about him.

No words can make this any easier...

Oh how I loved the videos of him under the falls, what a sweet pup, looked healthy there that day, even happy playing all by himself. Those videos are PRICELESS.

Its a new day, all of us just have to appreciate RJ16, remember his joyful days on shore, all the many photos we have of him...take a breath, GET OUT AND FIND A SEAL TO HEAL. Say our prayers, be STRONG for THEM. THEY NEED ALL OF US, keep going, even if it HURTS. We are HUMANS with BIG HEARTS, we feel pain and THATS OK. Life is never easy, Death is part of LIFE.

God bless you all and RJ16, KAHULU, Thanks for teaching us about the struggles in a Monk Seals Life, You WILL REMAIN WITH US FOREVER!!!!!! Rest in peace RJ16...You are loved.

B

hashan t said...

cutest ever