Thursday, January 4, 2018

1/4/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Point Update

Headed out to KPt solo mid-morning. First, I checked Birth Beach no sign of RN58 “Luana”. It was a lovely breeze hike, lots of whale activity therefore some tripping on rocks – NO falls.
In the NARS area I went down to RL42’s cove to pick up some trash. Did 2 trips to bring it to the side of the path to take out to the boulders on my way back.
At the point, I met up with Team T&D. They pointed out 2 seals on the reef island of Main Pool: RO40 “Ka’ena” & R353 (F).
Did some outreach and started heading back. Was doing some outreach with a group near the Albatross sign when a group caught up with me to hike out. It was Susan Scott and some friends that just came back from Midway. It’s always nice to see her out there. We had a quick catch up about our activities out at the NARS and from the gate.

I stopped to look for my trash and they mentioned seeing people taking it out. YUHUUU for them and a big MAHALO.

Hi Team T&D !!!
 R353 
 Ka'ena
 R353 & Ka'ena

No comments: