Friday, November 3, 2017

11/3/2017 Yesterday's News (11/2) from Lesley

Lesley sent this email last night after I finished the blog it was from the previous day. 
This morning I waited a little passed dawn to go check on RW02 “PVKauai”. He overnighted high behind the Naupakas. This evening as I drove home he was down near the waterline.
His molt is still very light, I checked the wallow, part of the trail down and found very small pieces of molt.
He has been there for over 2 weeks

After a couple of errands, I went to meet Diga on her shift. It was cool to see the kids RG40 "Holokai, RJ16 "Kahuluokalae" and RJ58 "Kaimana" together hauled out on the waterline.
We walked down to 2nd Beach where we found RT10 “Ua’Malie” hauled out on the beach. She looks skinny due to the position in the sand. Bigger sets must have washed around her, so she was partly sunk in her wallow.


I stopped in Hauula to see RI37 “Ipo/Bessie”, she was no longer there. Only a big empty wallow where she had been.

there were 3 in the bed and the little one said roll over.... roll over
 RJ16 Kahulu, RJ58 Kaimana, RG40 Holokai
 RT10 Ua Malie 
RW02

No comments: