Saturday, April 15, 2017

4/15/2017 DB's Dailies:

Nani (RK60) was waiting for me again, when I arrived at Makai Pier at 0730. She was snoozin' in thee Morning Glory fronting 1BS on Rabbit Island. She would move down mid morning to cool off and remained there all day.

On a routine pan at 1044 I spied a small dome just visible in Seal Rock Inlet. It would prove to be Kawena (RH36). Thankfully, she moved up just enough to all me to see a partial N36 bleach.

At 1105 Gayle called, advising that somebody was at China Walls, and ID was not possible due to location. When I arrived at 1226 it was lookin' pretty hopeless for me too, but I lucked out. The animal moved it's head just enough to allow a view of the left eye. It was Buster (RV08).

Marilyn and Lesley were at the End of the World, as is usually the case on a Saturday. They found Luana (RN58) at  Hidden Beach on the way in via the northwest passage. Luana has apparently run afoul of something. She has new scars on her ventral side. My opinion doesn't count. It matters to ME! I'll wait for professional word from NOAA. The scars seem to have been there on Tammy's shots of the 12th, but I can find nothing prior to that. At the Main Pool they reported Ka'ena (RO40). On their way out they found RK36 between Ka'ena's Pool and BG's Pool.

Team Billand called at 0556 with the report of both Benny (RE74) & Pohaku (RO28) at Paradise Cove.

At 0644 they would be joined by RN14. Words were exchanged at 0707 all 3 departed, however RN14 hung around in the lagoon, and ultimately hauled out again. The Billands advised that Kekoa was at Maili, with Kerby (RW08) foraging off shore of Maili Pt. He never hauled out.

The Billands advised that Benny hauled out at L#2 KoOlina at 1214.

Kawena
 Nani
Buster
Luana
 poor baby
Ka'ena
RK36
Pohaku & Benny
 Pohaku, Benny & RN14
 RN14
 Sweet picture
Benny
 Kekoa
 Kerby

No comments: