Thursday, March 23, 2017

Yesterday's News from Lesley Ka'ena Point Monitoring

My apologies Lesley.... I don't know how I missed the email last night.... SO FOLKS the only reason this is yesterday's news is because the blog lady screwed up......

Diane & I did the KPt hike from the Waianae side today.
Out at the point we found RG40 “Holokai” (M b.2015) and R3CU (M juv.) playing in the Main Pool.
On our way out Diane spotted RK36 “Kauai Kolohe” at the ½ way mark. He was totally blended in and we were lucky she saw him
We stopped on a West side beach to check on RW02 “PVKauai” (M b.2008) and RW22 “Kolohe” (M b.2008) and talk story with our friends the Billands and the volunteer on duty

I only saw 1 pod of 6 whales in a travelling mode, for me that’s the first sign that the end of their visiting season is here.
Holokai and R3CU
 RW02 and Kolohe

No comments: