Friday, January 15, 2021

01/15/2021 Friday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 

Today was one of those paradise days out at Ka'ena.

Waves were still rolling in big from yesterday's swell and we are on tip toes for the big ones coming tomorrow. 
I got to F-I-N-A-L-L-Y get a photo of the endangered YFB - Yellow Face Bee.
In the seal world I had a crop: morning started with an overnighted RW02 PVKauai down the beach he spent the day there. Next little RL98 Lina tugged up overnight on the Naupaka line, RK40 Napua possibly overnighted on the same beach we saw her yesterday. RL74 Kami nearly got me today on a MIA but she moved just as I was walking by and I spotted her in a tiny tide pool protected from the swells. RN58 Luana and RO40 Ka'ena also overnighted at the point and were side by side down the beach.
More tomorrow - Be safe 🌺😷

No comments: