Thursday, September 19, 2019

September 19, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

6 seals day is a great day !

First 5 seals were in the NARS all in different spots and NO interaction.

My HMSeal day started finding our little female visitor from Molokai. She was near "Leina Ka 'Uhane", because of her leaping from Molokai over here I checked in with Molokai and got their blessing to nickname her "Leina".  So for now she'll be RL70 "Leina"

Then I found RW02 "PVKauai" on the flats. From there I saw RO40 "Ka'ena" at the entrance of his pool.

On the way back from my rounds I rechecked on "Ka'ena" and "PVKauai", there I spotted a white bellie among some rocks. It was our little fellah RL20 "Kalua".

Further down in Nihoa's Pool RH32 "Ka'ale" was head down in the water blowing bubbles. I had to wait for him to move his flippers to double confirm his ID. He has a beautiful new coat with quite an exquisite pattern

Checked on "Leina" she was now on her bellie so no longer so visible to hikers.

Back on this side a freshly hauled out RK40 "Napua" was slipping into a deep sleep.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº


No comments: