Monday, July 22, 2019

July 22, 2019 (part 2) A Very Special Blessing

I will do my best to describe what has been sent to me from Team Billand and Melody.  It is experiences like this that leave you with chicken skin and emotion. I can only say I wish I had been there to experience this blessing with Pohaku, PO5 and my monk seal ohana.

Team Billand received a message from Auntie Nettie to come meet her, so off they went. Auntie told them she had a dream at 3 am what to name the pup. Auntie asked them to tell volunteer Melina so they called her and put her on the phone with Auntie.  Auntie Nettie wanted to do the Blessing and Naming of the pup NOW! 
Barbara described it as a beautiful ceremony, short and sweet, and just as Auntie announced the name of the pup "Nanea" six dragon flies appeared around them and kept circling around. The name NANEA which means peaceful.  Auntie said " Since the birth of Nanea, the reefs are free of humans, the water is still, Pohaku had brought the beach PEACE. The reef can rejuvenate.  
Team Billand, Melina, Melody and others left Auntie and went to Pohaku and Nanea. Barbara walked into the water and said a prayer, with tears of joy.

Melody described her experience as a blessing and I have to agree with her. Melody shared her photos of Auntie Nettie and Team Billand participating in the blessing. You can almost feel the power of their emotions. Thank you Melody for sharing.  

I am sharing the photos with all respect for the sanctity of this cultural and spiritual event.
Last note, Barbara mentioned Nanea lost her umbilicus and there was no line or indication it is a boy, clean smooth belly like a little girl. 


 NANEA born July 19, 2019

No comments: