Wednesday, December 26, 2018

12/26/2018 Monk Seal Dailies (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Hope everybody had a wonderful X-Mas day
Yesterday, just as last year for XMas Day I got to see RN58 "Luana". She spent the day hauled out at CE Pt. She may have had another seal overnight with her cause there was a fresh wallow and trail down the high tide waterline.

This morning out at the NARS I IDed 2 seals: RN30 (M - Pohaku's kid) between Ka'ena's Pool and the Runway. There was a Dad and 2 kids checking him out from up above. I told the little boy with a camera nearly his size that he was recruited as my new assistant. The smile on his face his still flashing my eyes,
On Main Beach our weaner RK88 "Puna" was hauled out at the bottom of the Princess Rock. He was completely in the shade when I first saw him and (without him moving) completely in the sun by the time I left.

There were MANY visitors hiking today and a lot of outreach was done. All fell in love with "Puna" and of course with our "Trail" Albatross.   More tomorrow

No comments: