Thursday, December 20, 2018

12/20/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

The chill is in the air, the sun was nice and warm and the waves were BIG - that's another day out in Ka'ena
I left early towards the point,but had to come back then go out again. On my second outing I met up with Team Tammy & Dave along the way. We did the NARS and came back out together.

In our HMSeal world, we found RK88 "Puna" at Hidden Beach - he was still there on our way out.
In the NARS, RN40 (M) was hauled out on the center reef island of the Main Pool and RO40 "Ka'ena" was on the waterline of Back Beach. Trails from his favorite Naupaka down to where he was told us he must have overnighted there.

I went down for my later afternoon / sunset stroll in front and found R330 "Squinty" freshly hauled out, heading up the beach. He may overnight.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº


No comments: